Steephill Forest School
Steephill Forest School is part of the Early Years Curriculum and embodies the principles of the Forest School Association:
- Forest School is an inspirational process, that offers ALL learners regular opportunities to achieve and develop confidence and self-esteem through hands-on learning experiences in a woodland or natural environment with trees.
- Forest School is a specialised learning approach that sits within and compliments the wider context of outdoor and woodland education.
We utilise part of the rear of the School, next to the orchard, which is wooded and secure. Two of our teachers have been especially trained for Forest School so the highest standards of learning and safety are achieved. At Forest School all participants are viewed as:
- equal, unique and valuable
- competent to explore and discover
- able to experience appropriate risk and challenge
- entitled to choose, initiate and drive their own learning and development
- able to experience regular success
- entitled to develop positive relationships with themselves and other people
- able to develop a strong, positive relationship with their natural world
Forest School takes place whatever the weather and is overseen by our trained Forest School Level 3 teacher. Children enjoy hot drinks and a biscuit. We go out every Thursday morning.